AVALANCHE 102 TRAINING
- This class is designed to build upon a 101 course and goes into greater depth about snow covers snowpack evaluation, rescue skills review, in avalanche hazard evaluation process.
- Use what you have learned to help plan a tour using all information gathered prior.
- Recognizing avalanche terrain in the field and during classroom route-finding exercises
- Select terrain and route appropriate for current avalanche conditions.
- Learn the basics of mountain snowpack formation in greater detail including observations of the snowpack.
- Learn to perform and interpret multiple types of snowpack stability tests.
Length: 1 two-hour classroom Training and 1 day in the field.
Upcoming Course Dates:
Part 1 - 12/23 8am-4pm Field Training
Part 2 - 12/23 6-8pm (Virtual Meeting)
Private Classes Also Available with 8 or more Participants